Tuesday, June 10, 2008

I'm Still Alive

I’m still alive and kickin’! I know that all three of my readers thinks I dropped off the planet, but with family visiting for the past 5 weeks, Leah being sick for 4 weeks, working full-time and making a trip to Houston to buy a house, and trying to keep our current house clean because it’s on the market, I’ve barely been sleeping at night.

So, here’s the update…

We bought a house! Gary and I spend Memorial Day weekend in Houston looking for a house and we found a great one – we are SO excited. It has everything we wanted and needed. We can hardly wait. It’s close to Gary’s new job, close to the church we’d like to attend and close to shopping, the pool, etc. It’s perfect.

My parents have been visiting, helping take care of the girls, running things to Goodwill for us, helping us pack, run errands, and anything else we need. It has been so wonderful to have them here not only to help us, but even more just to spend that much time with them. We’ve had a fabulous time! They left today and we miss them already. It’s a good thing they’re coming back in 3 weeks to help us move (and just as I typed that, I started to break out in hives because ohmygoodnessthistrainisgoingfasterandfasterandIcanhardlycatchmybreath). 3 WEEKS! I’ve got a lot to do!

We’ve also had the opportunity this past weekend to see some great friends from Chicago who we hadn’t seen in a long time. It was so nice to just hang out with them and enjoy a meal together. They have 2 lovely young daughters and T. has been a friend of mine since high school. It was treasured time.

G. is wrapping up his school year and is anxious to have some free time to do all the “honey do’s” on the list I gave him. Just kidding, honey. :) Well, not really, but we’ll talk about that later.

Gotta run get some utilities hooked up at the new house.

No comments: