Saturday, March 22, 2008

Sometimes, You Just Need A Girlfriend...

My friend D. is such a rock star. Gary is VERY sick with the flu (the kind that you get the flu shot for that obviously didn’t work for him). High fever, body aches, chills, bad headache, etc. The poor guy is miserable. Anyway, that means I can’t get out of the house without the girls to go get stuff for their Easter baskets. And obviously, I can’t do that or they’ll figure out who the Easter Bunny is, so I was going to go after they went to bed tonight. But my girlfriend D. came to our rescue and decided that she would help us out by doing a Target run for me. I opened the door, and sitting on the front doorstep was a 6-pack of Coke for Gary to settle his stomach, all the fixings for the Easter baskets for the girls, and a BIG Diet Coke with extra ice for me. Pure bliss. It just doesn’t get any better than a girlfriend who buys everything you could need or want for you when you can’t get out of the house.

I love you, D. You’re the best!

No comments: