Friday, May 9, 2008

Catching Up

So I haven’t fallen off the face of the earth. Since I last posted, we’ve bought two cars, sold two cars, applied for a mortgage, had company come into town, I’ve done approximately 20 loads of laundry and I’ve somehow also maintained a full-time job. So forgive me for not posting in so long – I’ve been busy!

I realized yesterday I am living the dream…I am a wife, mother of two and I now own a minivan. It's gorgeous. A 2008 Honda Odyssey in "Slate
Green Metallic." I HAVE ARRIVED. I know for some of you, this scenario makes you want to break out in hives (Debbie), but if I’m being honest, it’s the life I’ve always wanted. I knew early on I was born to be a wife and mother. I love my life and I realized the other day that I’m proud of all those things. When I was in high school and college, I was always the girl that no one really wanted to date but the one someone wanted to marry someday. Well, I snagged myself an amazing husband and I am LIVING THE DREAM.

Anyway, I am just very content right now. I’m extremely busy as we’re preparing for our big move to Texas – we spend a lot of time looking at houses online, getting quotes for various projects, and wrapping up school for AC and Gary, but I’m in a happy place. My brother and sweet sister-in-law are visiting right now, and we’re heading out for a weekend of fun in Pennsylvania. I’m going to a concert with a treasured friend tonight. Next week is Mom’s birthday and Anna Claire’s birthday. The following week, my parents arrive. The fun is just beginning!!!

So, just wanted to let everyone know that I’m still living and breathing. I’ll post more frequently, I promise. We’ll post some great pics soon of our weekend in PA with Craig and Sho.

No comments: