Sunday, September 14, 2008

Gustav vs. My Big Sis

I believe this marks the first time anyone has guest-blogged on luvmy3blessings, so I'm feeling rather honored to be bringing all of you updates on Jill and crew's welfare. This is Craig, Jill's younger (and much dryer) brother, blogging from Portland, Oregon, so that everyone has some idea of how Jill, Gary, and the girls are doing.

As of yesterday morning (Saturday), Jill and Gary were up early and had lost power by 6:20 a.m. local time. In her words: "The storm has been very strong and is still going. The eye has not yet hit us. But we are all safe (Anna Claire is still snoring in the master bedroom)....Lots of tree branches down and the wind is incredible but not damage to the house yet that we can see....We are safe and worst part of storm still to come. Getting a little warm in here but we are happy and doing well and feeling very blessed. Girls want to know hwen we can turn the tv on. :)"

According to the message my mom left for me last night, Jill had been able to get through to my parents and had said that homes in their neighborhood had had trees fall on them, but that Jill and Gary's house had not been hit (thankfully). They were rather hot (with no air conditioning), and had plans today (Sunday) to try and head north and find some air conditioning to cool off.

I will continue to provide updates as I get news. My own opinion (speaking from personal experience) is that mother nature is foolish for trying to take on my sister....

No comments: