Friday, September 5, 2008

Our August Trip

In August, the girls and I went to Oregon and Washington to visit my family - and especially to see my grandmother. It was so much fun to see her again, and although she doesn't remember much anymore, we love to visit with her, love on her, and take pictures. She seemed to really enjoy seeing the girls especially. Here we are - 4 generations! Gram, my dad, me, and the girls.


One day, Leah had a total meltdown and we just could not console her. Papa had the bright idea to take her for a ride in the wheelbarrow and that was all it took to turn her frown to a smile again.



The girls also had a great time swimming in my aunt & uncle's pool. One day, my dad's brothers and sisters and their families convened and we had a mini family reunion and a pool party. Here are the girls with their second cousins, Josh and Sarah. Sarah is just 4 months younger than Leah. They had so much fun!






Leah in the hot tub with my dad - my aunt let most of the water out of the hot tub and let the water cool - and turned it into a wading pool for the littlest fish. Great idea! :)

The weather was so beautiful there - it was nice to get away from the heat and humidity of Texas for a few days and get some fresh, cool air - it was in the upper 50's at night! Fortunately it warmed up during the day. We had an awesome time but were very glad to get home and see Gary/Daddy again. He had to stay in TX because he had some inservices and meetings to attend since he's a new teacher in the school district.

No comments: