Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Power Balls

OK, these are seriously my new favorite snack - and they really keep you FULL in between meals, which reduces the snacking. My niece gave me the recipe and I've enjoyed making these for the family and keeping them in the frig. They freeze nicely too (just put them between layers of wax paper). And they're GOOD for you! :)

1 cup peanut butter
1 cup honey (I use raw honey)
3 cups oats (not the instant kind)
1/2 cup milled flaxseed (you can get this at HEB, Wegmans, any health food store)
1 cup chocolate chips/white chocolate chips
1 cup any of the following - nuts, raisins, craisins, dried apricots, etc.

Mix peanut butter and honey until smooth. Gradually add in oats and flaxseed, then fold in other ingredients. You can do all this in your mixer. Then roll into ping-pong ball sized balls and place on cookie sheet lined with wax paper. When you roll them they will appear and feel kind of oily from the peaunt butter. Once chilled - they aren't.

You can get really creative with these and add different combinations. I did chocolate chip/almond ones for the kids and pecan/white chocolate chip/craisin ones for Gary. They were a hit!

1 comment:

Jessica Middleton said...

I am surely trying these! Thanks for sharing the recipe :)