Sunday, April 26, 2009

Blog Makeover

I think part of the reason that I'd been relatively uninspired to blog for a few months is that it was in desperate need of a makeover. It was just so, well, BEIGE. Beige is so not my personality. I'm all about lots of color. I like beige in certain circumstances - my family room is a beautiful color of beige and it's very warm and inviting. But a beige blog? Not so much. I don't wear beige (close to my face) because it washes me out with my hair color. I don't even like beige shoes. I much prefer red, pink, turquoise, or some other fun color.

I've always loved the header that a blogging friend created for me - so I knew that I didn't want to change it. But I really wanted to change the background. I just hadn't had the energy, though. However, last night, Gary was watching a James Bond movie, I sat in the family room with him and decided that it was time to give the old blog a new look. I was able to find some great free backgrounds and finally settled on one that worked well with my header. It's a little brighter than I'd planned, so I may end up changing it again at some point, but it works well for now.

The only thing left to do is to figure out how to put a link in my text that actually WORKS. I'm telling you, I think I have a "linking disability." Every time I try to put one in, it won't work. I need an HTML class. The weird thing is that when I worked for a Christian website as their family editor, I did links all the time - I was a linking genius! I miss those brain cells...

I'll be making some other little changes here and there to keep it fresh but at least it's one of my favorite colors now - turquoise - and it projects a fun, cheery attitude - quite the opposite of beige, don't you think?

2 comments:

Toby and Rebecca said...

Heard from Susan while at the Sunrise office that blue will be a prominent color in your family's future! I am so excited for you guys and can't wait to meet the little man- glad you are feeling better!

Gayla Harris said...

Hey Jill, I like the new look. I have also facelifted my blog--I was getting bored with beige too. And now it's beige sand, but different. How did you add it yourself? I had a designer do mine but loved looking at all the digital kits. I may take up digital scrapbooking for something different that the paper method.