Sunday, February 3, 2008

Girls Just Wanna Have Fun

We had a great weekend!

Anna Claire had her friend Sarah over yesterday. Sarah's expecting a baby sister in April, so her mom and dad needed to spend some time getting their house ready. Sarah came around 11 am, and the girls played with their Polly Pockets for awhile, changed clothes approximately 4 times (sometimes wearing each other's clothes) then I took them out to lunch. After that, we made a trip to Target, then came home and made some neat stained glass crafts that can hang on a suction cup in your window. After we finished that, Gary, Leah, the girls and I all went out for pizza, then to FamJam, a kids' program at our church. Sarah and Anna Claire had the best time dancing and singing. After we came home, the girls changed into their jammies and then I painted their fingernails and toenails. They had a fabulous time together. I did have to laugh though - two firstborn girls, bossing each other around all day. I can relate since I am a firstborn girl (I've blocked my little brother from being able to post a comment - ha ha), but I couldn't hold a candle to these two! We were exhausted by the end of the day, but we'd had a great time.



Today, we just relaxed, I watched a movie with a good friend, and we watched the superbowl and ate some awesome chicken enchiladas that Gary made. Also noteworthy would be Leah's new tricks she's learned this weekend, which include climbing up on a dining room chair and sitting at the table (which means we can no longer put stuff on the table we don't want her to see), pulling the tablecloth off the dining room table - and whatever else may be on it - if she thinks there's something she should see, dropping her baby doll in the toilet, and dragging the stool out of the bathroom into the living room, then standing on it so she could climb up on the coffee table so she could stand on IT! She was so proud of herself. I'm contemplating adding on another level to the house because I'm running out of space to put stuff that I don't want her to have. She also has figured out how to open my cabinet with my big bins of flour and sugar, so I'll have to find a new hiding place for them as well. Anyone besides me tired yet?



Leah, wearing her pajamas and jewelry, taking a look at Anna Claire's freshly-painted toes.

No comments: