Monday, March 31, 2008

Happiness

I had a fabulous weekend with the girls. Gary was in Houston interviewing for jobs, and so it was just us girls for 3 days. We spent time at the mall, at Target, at the grocery store, meeting a good friend for lunch, planting spring flowers, painting our toenails, and just playing at home. It was blissful…especially because they were so well-behaved. I was able to have some great conversations with Anna Claire. She is becoming quite the conversationalist and is really fun to talk with.

In other news, I’m frantically trying to get caught up on laundry in preparation for my knee surgery on Friday (our laundry room is in the basement and I won’t be able to navigate stairs for a few days). And yes, my dear husband does do laundry – but he is so good about doing other chores around the house, I usually take care of the laundry (and fewer of my clothes experience shrinking – ha ha).

I’ve been so happy lately – the weather is warming up, I’ve been cleaning out closets like crazy and getting rid of stuff, spending some great time with my family, and just overall becoming more relaxed but also excited about our upcoming move. There will be parts that will be difficult, like leaving good friends, but I am excited about our upcoming adventure and am looking forward to decorating and nesting in our new home. I’m also excited to only work part-time and spend more time with Gary and the girls.

Life is good and I am richly blessed. :)

No comments: