Thursday, April 10, 2008

Happy Birthday, Shoshi!

On September 17, 2005, a very special lady joined our family. My brother married Shoshawna, or “Shoshi,” as we like to call her. Sho has added such a beautiful dimension to our family. She is one of 4 children, so she added a bunch of fun “in-laws” to our clan, and their children have become good friends with Anna Claire. A social worker who works with seniors, Sho and I have shared a similar career industry, which has been fun. In addition, she loves People magazine, Nancy Drew books, chocolate, and consignment shops, so we have a fabulous time whenever we’re together. Her parents live close to my parents, and the four of them have become great friends. I have a difficult time remembering our family before Sho’s family joined us…we really are one big happy family now. My only regret is that we don’t live closer so we could see them more often.

Sho has not only become a great friend and sister, but she is an incredible “auntie,” eagerly
awaiting updated pictures and funny antics of the girls. She is stunningly beautiful (inside and out), thoughtful, creative, compassionate, and loves my brother madly (I can’t blame her for that because I also love him madly – he’s amazing). She is the perfect wife for him and complements him in wonderful ways. She has been a special gift to our family and we are especially thankful for her today, her birthday.

Happy Birthday, dear Shoshi – we love you oodles and can’t wait to see you next month when you come to visit us! :)

No comments: