Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Random Thoughts

I went to a great class at my church today. It's called "After the Boxes Are Unpacked." Isn't that a great name? It's for women who are new to the area. There are 26 of us - several from different countries, many of us with young children, and everyone has a story. We had a great time and even went to lunch afterward. I spent a lot of time looking around the classroom wondering who I would end up being good friends with...

It's weird, though - I have a hard time believing that I'll get close to any of them. I think I left such a close group of girlfriends in VA - and we got so close when I had cancer - these are the women who helped me shop for a wig, who took care of my baby when I couldn't, who made meals for me, who kept me focused on God and prayed for me when I couldn't pray, who took me to chemo treatments, and who pretended to be my sisters and told ridiculous stories so they could get into the recovery room at the hospital to see me (you know who you are, girlies). They cheered me on when I just couldn't do it anymore, and provided me with tumor-humor when I needed a laugh. They have seen me with yellow eyes from chemo, with no hair, and as weak as I can get. These are not just friends - they are SISTERS.

Will I ever meet anyone like that here?

No comments: