Thursday, September 11, 2008

We're Ready!

I went to Wal-Mart to pick up a few things this morning in advance of Ike coming ashore. They were completely out of ice, water, canned goods and bread. It was fascinating to see what everyone around me had in their grocery carts - and I had plenty of time to survey their carts because each line was about 25 people deep. Here's what I saw:

- a cart filled with fabric and batting - obviously, she plans to spend the weekend quilting
- a cart filled with several packages of hot dogs, chips, buns, beer, and coke - I want to go to HIS house!
- a cart filled with large marshmallows - no, I am not kidding
- a cart filled with 4 large roasted ready-to-eat chickens, with several gallons of sweet tea - welcome to the South!
- a cart filled with diapers, wipes, baby food, and beer
- my personal favorite - two college guys filling their cart with Moon Pies and Little Debbie snacks

Here's our checklist:

Water? Check
Batteries? Check
Toilet paper? Check
Flashlights? Check
Goldfish? Check
Peanut butter? Check
Bananas? Check
Movies? Check
Chocolate cake? Check
Diet Coke? Check, check, check

We're all set! As long as we don't lose power, I'll update the blog this weekend.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That is funny - especially the marshmallow cart and the Little Debby cart!

Glad that you're prepared and that you probably won't have to evacuate. Here's to hoping that you won't need to have quality time in your closet!

Cathy