Friday, October 10, 2008

Let's Play Some Football!

So, we're going to the BIG GAME tonight between our high school and their major rival. It's a big deal here. A REALLY big deal. There was a pep rally this morning at Gary's school at 4:45 AM. No that is not a misprint. They have another one today at 1:30 PM. It's serious business here. So much so that I can't find a babysitter for next Friday night - EVERYONE goes to the football game here.

Anyway, we're going tonight. We're going to tailgate and bring a picnic. Anna Claire is very excited to watch the cheerleaders now that she's been to a few lessons. She's all about doing her cheerleading moves in our house - she's constantly practicing her split jumps and her dance routine that they're going to perform tomorrow at halftime at the local YMCA football game. My mom told me that she spent a good portion of my childhood talking to my feet because I did handstands in the kitchen. I think I know what she was talking about since I now spend a lot of time talking to AC's pom poms.

Leah and I have had a great day just cuddling on the couch, watching Frosty The Snowman, and potty training. She is so proud of herself. She's not a particularly cuddly child, so I'm taking whatever I can get and loving every minute of it...if I blink, she'll be as tall as AC and not able to fit in my lap anymore.

So, last week, Anna Claire had just come home and we opened the frig to get a snack, and staring at us was a LIVE green lizard. I completely freaked out. I really did not expect that. Anna Claire was quick to point out that it was an "IVY green lizard." I was quick to point out to my husband that I thought it was probably part kimono dragon. Turns out it was a baby lizard and he was hiding under my deli drawer. I called Gary at work and told him I wasn't cooking or opening the frig until he got it out of there. He was a dutiful husband and came home to protect us from the dragon and took the little guy outside. I feel like I've done pretty well with the large roaches and the geckos in the garage, but the lizard in my frig was more than I was willing to take on!

No comments: