Friday, October 24, 2008

Nesting

After we got unpacked, there was a bunch of stuff that still needed to be done but I just couldn't face doing it - I was on overload. Well, I'm really trying to focus on those things now that will make my house look "finished" - returning a plant I successfully killed to get a new one, replacing a set of blinds that broke, hanging pictures, etc. So, I've been busy nesting. :)

The girls are doing well - Leah is keeping me on my toes - she is very insistent on her own fashion choices every day (which is fine unless it's 45 degrees outside like it was this morning when we took AC to the bus and Leah wanted to wear something sleeveless). She has also hit a major growth spurt and has been eating us out of house and home. She's even waking up in the middle of the night asking to eat. We've also been potty training and it's going pretty well - I'm surprised she was ready this early but once she decided to do it, I got out the potty and the rest is history.
There are so many little kids in our neighborhood - and a few of each at the girls' ages, so it's fun to play together. We often walk down the street after Anna Claire gets off the bus and we play for awhile. I snapped this picture the other day of the little girls - Mia, Sydney and Leah - they are all very close in age and have a fabulous time together. Aren't they cute?

Anna Claire is LOVING school and cheerleading. She has the best time at her games and had the opportunity to attend a dance clinic last Friday night with the local high school's dance team. They learned a routine, learned how to cheer to the fight song, and then got to sit with the dance team and perform with them and cheer on the football players at the game on Saturday night. She thought she was SO big and important! When she got dressed, she came down in her t-shirt and hot pink leggings. I told her it would be better to put on her navy blue leggings because it matched the school colors better, and that if she wore the hot pink leggings, she'd be the only one wearing that color. She looked at me, rolled her eyes, and said, "EXACTLY." It turned out to be a good thing that she had her pink leggings on - she was easy to spot on the field!

We have some fun outdoor things planned this weekend that we're looking forward to - the weather here is SO beautiful right now! It's a little chilly in the mornings, and about 80 degrees in the afternoon - low humidity, sunny, a light breeze. Just amazing - I'm loving it!

No comments: