Thursday, April 30, 2009

Country Girl, City Girl

Actual conversation that just took place between Anna Claire and me:

AC (trying to avoid bedtime): Momma? Remember how I told you that I wanted you to buy me the new Hannah Montana movie when it comes out on DVD? Well, I decided that I don't really want it.

Me: Why not, honey?

AC: Because I didn't really like the part where she was out in the country.

Me: Why not?

AC (looking grossed out): Well, the guy kind of talked funny (he had a Southern accent - does she realize that we live in the South now?), and there are a lot of bugs out in the country.

Me (my heart warm with compassion and love for her because she now truly understands why I'm not wild about the country/camping/anything outdoors): I know, hon - there are a lot of bugs out in the country. But it's beautiful, don't you think?

AC: I guess so. But I still don't want the movie because it's about the country.

After she went upstairs, I giggled a little and was reminded of my one and only camping experience - that ended after four and a half hours, where we got lost on the way home and ended up in West Virginia...in the country.

I wonder if she'll ever go camping.

No comments: