Saturday, April 25, 2009

A Fresh Start

I know, I know. It's been way too long. This has been a much harder pregnancy in some respects. I thought I was really turning the corner on the morning sickness in late January. I was wrong – really wrong. I vomited through the first week of April. I also had a bad sinus infection, bronchitis and a double ear infection for several weeks in March. Add to that the low energy and overall “don't care” mood I feel during the first trimester and it just didn't make for a good combination to get anything accomplished.

The good news is that I'm better now! I've gone over 3 weeks without being sick and I finally have my energy back. Yay! I've been going to BodyPump class at the YMCA, walking, and my nesting instinct has kicked in and I'm busy cleaning out closets. My husband is thrilled. Watch out, Honey, I'm going to start labeling things again!

We had an AWESOME time with my parents, who stayed with us from the end of January through mid-March. It was so fun, and they were an incredible help, especially to me. Most of all, it was just nice to “do life” together for several weeks, and the weather was warm and sunny, so I know they enjoyed it too. We even escaped to San Antonio for a weekend, which is where the picture of the girls (above) was taken.

The girls are doing great in school and here at home and are SO excited that they are having a little brother. Yep, it's a boy! It's been a real mind shift adjusting to the idea that we'll have something other than another princess in our house come August, but we are beyond thrilled and really anticipating his arrival.

School is beginning to wind down and we are looking forward to summer. We're going to try to do swimming lessons for both girls, and Anna Claire wants to take ballet.

OK, I'm off to get kids in bed but I'm officially back into the blogging thing! :)

No comments: