Friday, May 8, 2009

Lovin' My Nano Lite

A few months ago, my long-time vacuum cleaner sparked and caught on fire while I was vacuuming the play room upstairs. Fortunately, I was able to quickly get the small fire put out and the vacuum unplugged before it could do any serious damage.

That night, we headed to Wal-Mart for a few things and decided to look at vacuum cleaners. Gary was strongly recommending that in addition to a new heavy-duty vacuum, we buy a light-weight upright for the upstairs, thereby avoiding the need to carry the bigger vacuum up and down the stairs all the time. I will be honest - I felt like it was a little extravagant to buy 2 vacuum cleaners since I'd been lugging the vacuum up and down stairs my whole life. I was already used to it. But, he insisted, so I looked at the inexpensive lightweight ones and chose the Hoover Nano Lite to appease him.

I'm not too proud to say that I think it was one of the best decisions we ever made. I LOVE this little vacuum. I love our bigger one too, but this little one is perfect for the upstairs. It is so easy to lift and it comes with a hose and some attachments - just very simplified ones. It's very narrow (the reason why you wouldn't want to use it for your whole house), which makes it perfect for vacuuming in between furniture, tables, toys, etc. without having to move anything. AND - my favorite part - it's narrow enough to use on stairs because it's the perfect size! It picks up everything that a full-sized vacuum would, but without the bulk and weight of a regular vacuum. And for less than $50, it was a perfect fit with our budget, too.

The only negative is that it has a relatively short cord, so you have to unplug it and re-plug it into another socket a lot, but I don't mind doing that at all because I rarely vacuum an entire floor without stopping to pick stuff up. I usually clean one room at a time, so it's great for me.

2 comments:

Toby and Rebecca said...

Sold! What a great idea... never thought having an additional vacuum but anything that makes cleaning easier and more practical is all good in my book! Is there a model that bathes the kids too?

Jessica Middleton said...

I have the same one! Walmart $50 bucks...can you believe it!?