Sunday, July 27, 2008

Ten Things I Love About Texas

1) The neighbors are very friendly
2) Egg and cheese whole wheat kolaches
3) Pappadeaux
4) Our local YMCA
5) Our new home - we have so much space!
6) Blue Bell ice cream
7) How inexpensive everything is in this area
8) We already have friends here
9) I only have to work part-time
10) Our new church

OK - what I really don't like about Texas - the cockroaches. They're HUGE. I'm telling you, I could slap a saddle on one of these suckers and ride him down to the market to pick up some dinner. Seriously. I'm not exaggerating. And the timing is uncanny, because while I was in the middle of typing up this blog post, what crawled across the desk? A cockroach. I nearly fainted dead away.

So, I'm happy to tell you that one cockroach was fatally harmed (actually maimed and drowned) in the making of this blog post.

And I'm callin' the pest control service at 8 am tomorrow. As my little brother said when he was a toddler, "I be back when bug gone!"

1 comment:

Jessica Middleton said...

Texas sound wonderful. They even have friendly bugs :)